The Online Theory courses are now available on SCORE Vietnam . If you have any queries please contact AMEB Vietnam office via phone on 038 9669 757 or email at email@example.com.
Step-by-step guide – how to get started
- Go to https://vietnam.ameb.edu.au/
- Click ‘Register and buy exams or courses’.
- Select ‘New to AMEB? Register Now’ If you have never had an SCORE account.
- Complete the form with your details. You’ll receive an email with a link to click which will activate your account.
- Login to https://vietnam.ameb.edu.au/ by entering your Account Holder email address and password.
- Choose ‘Buy exams or courses’ or ‘Buy Courses’ from the left-hand menu.
- Choose the course you’d like to purchase, click on it and then fill in the candidate’s details. Click “Checkout”.
- You will then receive an email receipt with a Course Key and Course Pin. These details are also available via your Account Holder profile.
- To access your online course, go to https://vietnam.ameb.edu.au/ , and click login. (If you’re still logged in as an Account Holder from enrolling in the course, log out first.)
- When you log in, select Course Candidate from the dropdown menu and enter the Course Key and Course Pin as above.
- You are now logged into your course and should see all the lessons on the left of your screen.
Please note: Your login details for your online course will only work at www.exams.ameb.edu.au. If you have an account with other sites, such as AMEB Connect or ameb.edu.au, they will not work with AMEB Online.
Online courses allow students to prepare for AMEB Theory of Music examinations in an online setting. Once a student has successfully completed the online course they will be ready to do an AMEB Theory of Music exam. AMEB Online Theory courses are made up of a series of video lessons with accompanying practice tests for each lesson and also feature a downloadable PDF containing an outline of the lesson content. The lessons and tests may be reviewed as many times as necessary. The courses allow students to learn independently and at their own pace and are suitable for both child and adult learners.
The self-guided courses are made up of 12-15 pre-recorded video lessons accompanied by interactive online practice tests. These tests are graded and timed and can be used to measure the student’s progress as well as assist a student who may be preparing for an AMEB Theory exam. Students may progress through the material in any way they choose and may return to the lessons or tests at any time through the life of the course.
Courses are made up of video lessons and accompanying practice tests which are graded. Test results may be used by teachers to monitor students’ progress and to identify areas requiring further support.
By the end of this course you will:
- Read and write musical notation
- Build chords and intervals
- Transpose melodies
- Recognise and write major scales
There are no pre-requisites for the Grade One Online Theory of Music Course.
By the end of this course you will:
- Use triplets and compound meters
- Build perfect, major and minor intervals
- Identify musical forms
- Write minor scales and key signatures
- Translate Italian terms for musical signs
There are no pre-requisites for the Grade Two Online Theory of Music Course.
- Write major scales up to four flats and sharps, minor scales to three flats
- Learn the primary triads and how to write triads in first inversion
- Learn perfect and plagal cadences
- Learn rondo form
- Write a four-bar melody
- Learn compound triple time
There are no pre-requisites for the Grade Three Online Theory of Music Course.